LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Tuesday 11 December 2012

SOS #81!!

Hello!

It's time for another Shopping Our Stash challenge and this is a great one!

Sentimentally Yours- use a sentiment/quote as focal point- no images

NICE huh?! hmmm and maybe a bit challenging.

So here's what I came up with...



I had SO much fun making this card and can I say FAST?! SO FAST!! (you'll notice that as a recurring theme for me lately :))

So I started out with some Bazzille cardshoppe cardstock in pretty pinky-peach, then cut and scored it, before I added a post-it note to the front to create a mask. Then I stamped the Impression Obsession Herringbone in White Colorbox ink.

Next I stamped the Mama Elephant 'warm' stamp with black Versafine ink, and then I heat embossed it with clear over the top.  (I'm ok with the slight imperfection in the clear embossing over the top, it's mostly lined up)

finally I added the teeny tiny 'wishes' sentiment (also from Mama Elephant) and I added the gemstones too.

Love how easy that masking was, and how much of a statement it makes the middle of the card! LOVE.

Ok, head over to the blog with me to check out the rest of the DT's work!

We'd love it if you'd join us!



Back soon!

*crafty hugs*

Linda xx

3 comments:

lauren bergold said...

love the C&S gorgeousness of this!

Leslie Hanna said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the masking! This ROCKS!

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Love, LOVE that sentiment!! Wonderful card!
Blessings,
Michelle