LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Tuesday 18 December 2012

Shopping Our Stash Challenge 82: WINTER!

Hiya!

I'm here with this week's Shopping Our Stash challenge theme, and my inspirational project to hopefully kick-start your creative mojo!



PLEASE NOTE: this is a TWO WEEK challenge, so we will NOT be having a challenge on Christmas day :) This one runs December 18-December 31.


The theme for this one is WINTER (but not Christmas). So think, cold, snow, jackets/jumpers, scarves etc. BRR

So recently, I stumbled across Christy Tomlinson on youtube. Well... frankly I'm totally smitten. Her style is adorable, her talent is AMAZEBALLS, and her voice (and accent) is even better :) So i've been playing with the Mixed Media Canvas-style lately...so I went with that for this challenge :)


 I added dots of diamond stickles all over the finished canvas, as snow, a little to the snowflakes (a template from Dylusions) and the thickers too. "Outside" is stamped using Hero Arts alpha stamps :)


 Some doodling on her dress, outlining each part of her outfit. Plus I just LOVE the texture you get over the entire canvas from adding the Mod Podge at the end to seal it. I keep running my fingers over it.

This scarf flying away in the wind. Can I just say, I could cry I'm so happy it worked the way I had it in my head?! (this rarely happens LOL). I used some Claudine Helmuth sticky back canvas, just ripped a strip, painted it red (using my fingers to work the paint into the fibres) and then put it on her. I overlapped at the neck part, so it'd look like it's actually wrapped around her neck. I added teeny yellow dots using the end of a paint-brush 'lid'

love love love. I'm so happy.

Off to paint some more!

Be sure to stop by the blog to see the rest of the DT's projects! Amazing as always!

*crafty hugs*

Linda xx










5 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

OMGosh, I adore this. I love that you used sticky-back canvas for the scarf. Now I WANT TO PLAY, TOO!

CarlaKH said...

This is amazing! AMAZING! I love it. LOVE IT! :)

ScrappySandie said...

Hi Linda! Can I be honest here? My very first thought when I saw this was "wierd"....and then "wonderful!" Please don't be offended by that! The more I look at your amazing creation the more I am falling in love with it! So much great detail and texture! And I'm glad you had so much fun doing it! Very inspiring! TFS!!
Merry Christmas!
Sandie

Stephanie said...

Love love love this!!! It's so perfect!

Libby Hickson said...

Absolutely adore this!!! How fabulous!! I love Christy too. I just signed up for one of her classes - duh - wish I would have thought to search (free) youtube! LOL!